HUAWEI announced the FreeBuds 5i, the company’s latest TWS earbuds and the successor to last year’s FreeBuds 4i in China this week. It has hybrid active noise cancellation (ANC) up to 42db, up to 7.5h standalone battery life and a new round case in island blue and interstellar black that have delicate texture like pebbles, and the fresh and bright ceramic white like white jade.
The lightweight design of the earphones is lighter and shorter; with soft silicone earplugs, it is gentle and skin-friendly and the lighter charging case is 18% lighter than the previous generation, says HUAWEI.
It has 10mm large dynamic drivers with polymer composite diaphragm, intelligently detects your ear shape and wearing tightness, optimizes the audio effect, reduces the lack of low frequency caused by sound leakage, and brings a better music listening experience.
It supports dual-microphone noise reduction for calls, and has AI neural network enhancement algorithm to extract human voices from noise to make your voice clearer. The HUAWEI FreeBuds 5i can connect two devices at the same time without switching back and forth, and supports TV, PC, tablet, mobile phone and other device connections. When using a PC for a video conference, and when the mobile phone rings, the headset can switch to it easily.
HUAWEI FreeBuds 5i specifications
- Bluetooth 5.2 to connect to devices
- 10mm dynamic drivers with polymer composite diaphragm for clear and transparent vocals
- Active noise cancellation up to 42 dB, Transparent mode, dual microphone AI call noise reduction
- Double-tap control for Play/Pause music and Answer/End calls, Long Tap for ANC
- 94 ms Low-latency mode
- Dimensions: 30.9 x 23.9 x 21.7 mm (per earbud);48.2 x 61.8 x 26.9 mm (charging case); Weight: 4.6 g (per earbud), 33.9 g (charging case)
- 55mAh battery (per bud) offers up to 7.5h (6h ANC) playback, 28h (18.5h ANC) playback with charging case (410mAh battery), 4h listening with 15 minutes of charging, USB Type-C
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI FreeBuds 5i is priced at 599 yuan (US$ 89.59 / Rs. 6,960 approx.), is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from June 18th.