After rumours, Sony introduced the Xperia Ace III smartphone last month. Now it has started rolling out the phone in Japan. It packs a 5.5-inch HD+ display with an 5MP camera inside the notch, is powered by Snapdragon 480 SoC and runs Android 12. The phone has a 13MP rear camera, comes with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and packs a 4500mAh battery with support for fast charging.
It also has a Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8) and dustproof (IP6X) body and comes in Black, Blue, Gray and Brick Orange colours.
Sony Xperia Ace III specifications
- 5.5-inch (1496 x 720 pixels) HD+ display, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8) and dustproof (IP6X)
- Dimensions: 140×69×8.9mm; Weight: 162g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Sony Xperia Ace III is priced at 34,408 yen (US$ 263 / Rs. 20,435 approx.) and is already on sale in China.