iQOO just launched the Neo 6, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Neo series in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.62-inch Full HD+ 120Hz refresh rate E4 AMOLED screen with 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1200Hz instant touch sampling rate and a peak brightness of 1,300 nits. It is powered by Snapdragon 870 with 36907mm² cascade liquid cooling and 5-layer 3D graphite cooling plates, which greatly improves the heat dissipation efficiency.
The phone runs Android 12, will get two years of Android updtes and three years of monthly security updates, has an in-display fingerprint scanner, has a 64MP Samsung GW1P main camera with OIS, 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera. It has a 16MP punch-hole front camera. The phone has 4D Game Vibration 3.0. The 4700mAh dual-cell battery in the phone can charge up to 50% in 12 minutes with the 80W FlashCharge wired fast charger in the box.
iQOO Neo 6 specifications
- 6.62-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 105% NTSC color gamut, up to 1,300 nits brightness
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with Funtouch OS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with Samsung GW1P sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR blaster
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Fi audio
- Dimensions:163×76.16×8.54mm; Weight:190g
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n41/n77/n78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) / 4580mAh (minimum) battery with 80W superfast flash charging
Pricing and availability
The iQOO Neo 6 comes in Dark Nova and Cyber Range colours, is priced at Rs. 29,999 for the 8GB + 128GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 33,999. It will be available from Amazon.in and iQOO.com starting from today, May 31st at 1PM.
The company also launched the iQOO ultra cooling back clip that the company says will reduce the temperature of the phone by up to 15° C in less than a minute and the fan is just 28dB loud. You can also charge the phone simultaneously when using the back clip. It is priced at Rs. 2,499
It also launched the iQOO gaming sleeves with 0.3mm ultra-thin design. The sleeve has sweat absorption and promises the best gaming experience. It is priced at Rs. 249. Both these will be available soon.
Commenting on the launch, Nipun Marya, Chief Executive Officer – iQOO, said:
At iQOO, our focus is to create high-performance smartphones that give our users the ultimate flagship-level experience. We are thrilled to introduce the all-new Neo series in India with the launch of Neo 6. Our first smartphone from the Neo series is a power-packed offering with segment-leading performance, gaming capabilities with a refreshing design and a capable camera. It is a delight for young, tech-savvy consumers looking for a high-performance package at a competitive price. We intend to bring the right product to the right set of consumers while also delivering cutting-edge technological innovation, excellent gaming experience and better camera features.