The follow-up to the movie Top Gun: Maverick is finally ready to open in theatres, and this means that the long-awaited tie-in for Microsoft Flight Simulator has also arrived. The new part of the flying game came out yesterday, and all Microsoft Flight Simulator gamers can use it for free.
The latest content is meant to put you in the middle of action, like in Top Gun. It comes with a new Top Gun: Maverick Edition paint job for the F/A-18E Super Hornet and three training missions for the Super Hornet that are based on some difficult fighter pilot maneuvers, like unrestricted takeoffs and split S maneuvers.
There are an additional five challenges that involve flying low and quickly, including one that demands landing on an aircraft carrier. The addition adds a hypersonic plane that can reach Mach 10 and 150,000 feet. There’s also a new quest to send your flights into space.
The Microsoft Flight Simulator – Top Gun: Maverick Expansion contains:
- A “Top Gun: Maverick” livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet.
- Three training missions for the Super Hornet that will allow you to master radical flight maneuvers, including unrestricted take-offs, split S maneuvers, and low altitude, high-speed manoeuvring through complex terrain.
- Five high-speed, low-level challenges that require the utmost skill to navigate just above mountains and traverse through canyons.
- A carrier deck landing challenge is one of the most demanding operations in the world of military aviation.
- A hypersonic plane that has never been seen before and can fly faster than Mach 10 and higher than 150,000 feet above sea level.
- A mission to roar into the stratosphere.
In addition, the firm is also running a contest, Microsoft Flight Simulator – Top Gun: Maverick Expansion. Capture the mission and share it on social media with the hashtag. Enter the #TopGunMFSSweepstakes to win a custom “Top Gun: Maverick” Xbox Series S and a gaming PC.
- The Microsoft Flight Simulator – Top Gun: Maverick Expansion is available on Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam
- Furthermore, it is available on Xbox One and supported on mobile phones, tablets, and lower-spec PCs with Xbox Cloud Gaming.
For a limited time, Microsoft Flight Simulator: Standard Game of the Year Edition can be bought for $47.99 / INR 3199 rather than the original price of $60 / INR 3999.
Regarding this, Microsoft, said:
Develop the skills required and navigate the complexities encountered by actual Top Gun pilots in authentic locations including the most challenging landing – on an aircraft carrier. This offering will push your piloting abilities to the limits — and beyond.