Sony’s Xbox Game Pass alternative is here in the shape of the New PlayStation Plus Service. The new PS Plus service is a combination of the older PS Plus service and PS Now service. Offers subscribers three flexible options. Plus Essential, one of the options, is effectively the service in its current state, providing players at least 2 free games every month along with access to multiplayer.
As part of the new PS Plus service, subscribers now get access to hundreds of titles in each of the three different subscription tiers. It is necessary to have PS Plus Essential in order to play online, followed by PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium, which include all the features and benefits of PS Plus Extra and an additional 400 games. PS Plus Premium also includes access to Sony’s Cloud Streaming Service, which enables users to play classic PS2, PS3, and PSP games.
PlayStation Plus Essential
Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
- Two monthly downloadable games
- Exclusive discounts
- Cloud storage for saved games
- Online multiplayer access
There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.
- United States: $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
- Europe: €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
- United Kingdom: £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
- Japan: ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly
PlayStation Plus Extra
- Provides all the benefits from the Essential tier
- Adds a catalog of up to 400* of the most enjoyable PS4 and PS5 games – including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play.
- United States: $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
- Europe: €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
- United Kingdom: £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
- Japan: ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly
PlayStation Plus Premium
Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
Adds up to 340* additional games, including:
- PS3 games available via cloud streaming
- A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.***
Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
- United States: $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
- Europe: €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
- United Kingdom: £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
- Japan: ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets)
For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.
The price of the service in India has not been specified, and it appears that PlayStation intends to roll out the service in stages throughout different regions. Sony Interactive Entertainment intends to introduce the service in numerous Asian areas in June, followed by North America, Europe, and the rest of the world where PlayStation Plus is available.
By the end of the first half of 2022, Sony hopes to have these levels readily available in places with the PlayStation Network. Mortal Kombat 11 and Returnal are among the first games that will be available on the service’s launch roster, which will also feature Death Stranding, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and God of War.