Along with the realme 9 5G, realme also launched realme 9 5G Speed Edition in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 144Hz adaptive refresh rate screen, 4096-level brightness adjustment, 90.5% screen-to-body ratio and an 16-megapixel camera inside the punch-hole. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 778G SoC. It has up to 8GB of RAM with Dynamic RAM Expansion (DRE) technology, which can add up to 5GB to the existing 8GB RAM.
The phone support for 5G SA/NSA and runs Android 11 with realme UI 2.0, but the company says that it will get the Android 12-based realme UI 3.0 update soon. The phone features starlight design.
It features a 48-megapixel rear camera along with an 2-megapixel B&W camera and a 2-megapixel 4cm macro camera. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 25 minutes.
realme 9 5G Speed Edition specifications
- 6.6-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 600 nits brightness, 144Hz variable refresh rate (24Hz / 30Hz / 48Hz / 60Hz/ 90Hz/144Hz)
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 164.4×75.8×8.5mm; Weight: 199g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 30W Dart Charge fast charging
The realme 9 5G Speed Edition comes in Starry Glow and Azure Glow colours, is priced at Rs. 19,999 for the 6GB + 128GB version and the 8GB + 128GB version costs Rs. 22,999. It will be available from realme.com, Flipkart and offline stores starting from March 14th.
- Rs 2000 instant discount on ICICI Bank and SBI credit cards