Acer at the CES earlier this month introduced its new Chromebook Spin 513 powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Kompanio 1380 processor. Now, MediaTek has officially announced the company’s flagship Kompanio SoC which uses TSMC’s 6nm process tech. This has four high-performance Cortex-A78 cores clocked up to 3GHz and four Cortex-A55 power-efficiency-focused cores. There is a five-core Arm Mali-G57 GPU.
There is 4K60 HDR Display Support, AV1 Hardware Decoding, has a dedicated audio digital signal processor (DSP) that provides ultra-low power voice on wakeup (VoW) capabilities and comes with Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5 connectivity.
MediaTek Kompanio 1380 (MT8195T) specifications
- Octa-Core – 4x Arm Cortex-A78 up to 3GHz, 4x Arm Cortex-A55 up to 2GHz
- Arm Mali-G57 MC5 GPU
- TSMC 6nm process
- 2133MHz LPDDR4X memory, eMMC / uFS / NVMe storage
- MediaTek APU 3.0 with 4 TOPS performance
- 16 MP + 16MP camera, 3840 x 2160 (4K) video recording
- 2520 x 1080 (Full HD+), 2560 x 1600 (2.5K) and 3840 x 2160 (4K) display resolution support
- Supports up to three independent displays total; two 4K60 HDR displays or 2.5K up to 120Hz
- H.264, H.265 / HEVC encode, H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9 and AV1 decode, 7.1 surround sound audio
- Wi-Fi 6 / 6E (a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth 5.0, GNSS: GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS
The MediaTek Kompanio 1380 will roll out in coming months, and the new Acer Chromebook Spin 513 powered by the chip will roll out from April starting at US$ 599.99 (Rs. 45,065 approx.).