TECNO has launched POP 5 Pro, the company’s latest smartphone in the new POP 5 series, in India after the launch of POP 5 LTE last week. It has a 6.52 HD+ display with 120Hz touch sampling rate, is powered by 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 processor with 3GB of RAM, packs an 8-megapixel rear camera along with an AI lens.
There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front. It runs Android 11 (Go Edition) with HiOS 7.6. The phone has IPX2 Splash Resistant design, 14 regional language support and packs a 6000mAh battery.
TECNO POP 5 Pro specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display with 480 nits brightness
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 11 (Go Edition) with HiOS 7.6
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Dual LED Flash, secondary AI camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 6000mAh battery
The TECNO POP 5 Pro comes in Ice Blue, Deepsea Luster and Sky Cyan colours, and will be available from retail stores starting today at a price of Rs. 8499.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO of TRANSSION India, said:
At TECNO, our vision is to democratize industry leading premium technology by offering them at competitive price points. Being a consumer centric brand, our endeavor is to build technology that resonates with the needs, wants, demands and aspirations of the young and vibrant India. The POP 5 Pro bears testimony to this commitment, where we envisioned to bring in a flagship level smartphone with best in breed features that appeals to the youth. We are confident that with the all-new POP 5 Pro hitting the markets, we will be successful in leaving our indelible mark in the hearts and minds of today’s young Bharat.