Along with the realme GT 2 Pro, the company also introduced a cheaper realme GT 2 model. This packs a 6.62-inch Full HD+ E4 AMOLED screen with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10240-level brightness adjustment, 120Hz refresh rate, 1000Hz intelligent instantaneous touch sampling rate and 92.6% screen-to-body ratio. Most specifications, including the dimensions, are similar to the realme GT 2 Neo.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 with up to 12GB of RAM and 8-layer heat dissipation structure that includes diamond gel, 4129mm² 3D tempered liquid-cooled VC and 3D multi-graphene and more that covers a total area of up to 17932mm².
It has X-axis linear vibration motor and 4D vibration. The phone features 50-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera. There is a 16MP front camera.
The phone has a similar HyperSmart antenna switching technology, black and blue AG glass back models that have a matte finish, and White and Green colours with Paper Tech Master Design and packs 5,000mAh battery with 65W wired fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 33 minutes.
realme GT 2 specifications
- 6.62-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz E4 AMOLED display, HDR10+, up to 1300 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, DC dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass5 Protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.5 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 162.9×75.8×8.6mm; Weight: 199.8g (forged black/titanium blue) / 194.5 (Master Edition)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS / Navic/ QZSS/ Galileo, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) with 65W ultra-fast flash charging
Pricing and availability
The realme GT 2 comes in Forged Black, Titanium Blue, Master Paper and Master Sen and is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 424 / Rs. 31,570 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 2899 yuan (US$ 456 / Rs. 33,910 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 3199 yuan (US$ 503 / Rs. 37,420 approx.) for top-end 12GB + 512GB version.
It will get a 100 yuan discount for a limited period, so the starting price will be down to 2599 yuan (US$ 408 / Rs. 30,405 approx.). The phone is available to order from today and will go on sale from January 7.
realme GT Neo 2 Dragon Ball Z Limited Edition
The company also introduced the Dragon Ball Z Limited Edition version for the GT Neo 2 alongside. The back panel has Wuzi martial arts suit elements, matching package, stickers, custom themes including GT mode animation.
It comes in single 12GB + 256GB version priced at 2999 yuan (US$ 471 / Rs. 35,190 approx.), but it will get a 300 yuan discount when it goes on sale for the first time on January 7th.