realme just introduced the realme GT 2 Pro, the company’s first premium flagship smartphone in China, as it had announced. The phone packs a 6.7-inch Quad HD+ second generation LTPO 1-120Hz variable refresh rate screen with 1000Hz touch sampling rate for during gaming, 10240 levels of brightness adjustment and 92.6% screen-t0-body ratio, thanks to an extremely narrow frame. The phone has DisplayMate A + certification, and features the next generation in-screen fingerprint scanner.
Powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 with up to 12GB RAM, it has Diamond ice core cooling system Plus that includes industry’s largest 36761mm² heat dissipation area and 4129mm² VC liquid cooling area, so the heat dissipation area increased by 205%. The heat dissipation structure offers 100% heat source coverage, so the core temperature can be reduced by 19℃.
realme’s HyperSmart antenna switching technology is designed with 12 wrap-around antennas that cover all sides of the phone and support mainstream bands in almost all directions, all with the same signal strength. This allows GT 2 Pro to intelligently evaluate the signal strength of all antennas and automatically select the one with the best signal.
It has a 50MP main camera with OIS, a 50MP 150-degree field of view ultra-wide-angle, fish-eye mode and a 40x microscopic camera, similar to the one seen in the OPPO Find X3 Pro. There is a 32MP front camera.
In addition to black and blue AG glass back models that have a matte finish, there is a White and Green colours with Paper Tech Master Design that features a back cover that is made of sustainable Sabic bio-based materials extracted from renewable raw materials such as paper pulp and fallen leaves that can reduce carbon emissions by up to 63% per kilogram and can reduce potential fossil feedstock consumption by up to 35%. The phone packs a 5,000mAh battery with 65W wired fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 33 minutes.
realme GT 2 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 1-120Hz LTPO variable refresh rate AMOLED display with up to 1400 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut, JNCD ≈ 0.5, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB /256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 50MP 150° ultra-wide camera with ISOCELL JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 40x zoom ultra macro camera
- 32MP front camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo linear speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.2×74.7×8.2mm; Weight: 199g (forged black/titanium blue) / 189g (Master Edition)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 65W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The realme GT 2 Pro comes in Forged Black, Titanium Blue, Master Paper and Master Sen and is priced at 3899 yuan (US$ 613 / Rs. 45,760 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 4199 yuan (US$ 660 / Rs. 49,280 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 4499 yuan (US$ 708 / Rs. 52,803 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and 4999 yuan (US$ 786 / Rs. 58,489 approx.) for the top-end 12GB + 512GB version.
It will get a 200 yuan discount for a limited period, so the starting price will be down to 3699 yuan (US$ 582 / Rs. 43,280 approx.). The phone is available to order from today and will go on sale from January 7.