At the Snapdragon Tech Summit, Qualcomm introduced its flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform. It also announced that Black Shark, HONOR, iQOO, Motorola, Nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, Realme, Redmi, SHARP, Sony, vivo, iQOO, Xiaomi, and ZTE will roll out commercial devices starting from this December 2021.
Now, several OEMs have confirmed the list of smartphones that will be powered by the SoC.
Upcoming Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 powered smartphones and OEMs
- Xiaomi 12 series will be one of the first devices powered by the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform, confirmed Lei Jun, CEO, Xiaomi. He said that this comes after months of joint effort between Xiaomi and Qualcomm
- realme GT2 Pro will also be one of the first set of smartphones to be equipped with a new generation of Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- Motorola confirmed that the latest Snapdragon flagship chip will power its edge smartphone. In China, GM has confirmed moto edge 30X (moto edge 30 ultra will be the first phone with the chip, and the announcement is set for Dec 9th. The company also revealed that it will introduce a first-of-its-kind 5G wearable
- HONOR confirmed that it’s next flagship smartphone will be one of the first products to feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- OPPO will unveil flagship smartphones based on the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform in the first quarter of 2022
- Yu Hang, co-founder and senior vice president, Nubia said that its upcoming RedMagic gaming smartphones and Z series phones will be powered by the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform as early as possible and will be available soon
- Sharp has confirmed that it will release a unique product based on Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- Sony just said that it is looking forward to introducing Xperia phones powered by Snapdragon 8 Mobile Platform to bring more exceptional mobile experiences to the world
- vivo and iQOO will soon introduce several smartphones powered by the new platform, bringing consumers next-level experiences in camera, connectivity, gaming, and smart applications,” said Yujian Shi, senior vice president and chief technology officer, vivo.
- ZTE has confirmed its Axon flagship with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is coming in 2021
Redmi is also in the list, so we can expect a Redmi phone with the chip soon. Even though Samsung is not in the list, we can expect the Galaxy S22 series to use the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in some markets. Even though HONOR is in the list, HUAWEI is not in the list, ASUS is also not in the list.