After teasers, ZTE today introduced the Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition officially. This is the world’s first smartphone to come with 18GB RAM and 1TB storage, and it is mentioned on the back of the phone, near the camera module. Other specifications are the same as the original Axon 30 Ultra that was introduced back in April.
In addition, the back of the phone has taikonaut branding. The exclusive gift box comes with a transparent matte envelope with multiple silk screens, which shows the space station’s orbit around the earth in a minimalist style, and outlines the space classic of Chinese astronauts’ first out of the capsule with diagonal stripes. The package also comes with ZTE LiveBuds Pro Bluetooth headset with ANC, protective case made of aviation carbon cellulose leather.
“Astronauts of each country have their own special names. The American astronaut is called Astronaut; the Russian astronaut is called cosmonaut; and the Chinese astronaut is called Taikonaut. In order to remember this moment, the Axon30 Ultra Aerospace Edition is designed exclusively by Taikonaut to pay tribute to Chinese space heroes,” said the company.
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio flexible curved screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage (Aerospace Edition)
- Android 11 with MyOS11
- Dual SIM
- 64MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX686 sensor, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide camera with Samsung GW3 sensor f/2.2 aperture, 64MP portrait camera with Samsung GW3 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, 8MP periscope telephoto lens with OIS, 5x Optical Zoom, 10x Hybrid Zoom, 60X digital zoom, Laser focus sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Optical In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions:161.53×72.96×8.0mm; Weight:188g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The ZTE Axon 30 Ultra Aerospace Edition is priced at 6,998 yuan (US$ 1095 / Rs. 81,620 approx.) and will be available in China from November 26.