Along with the MatePad E 2-in-1, HUAWEI also introduced Watch GT Runner designed for professional runners. The smartwatch has a composite fiber case, a metal crown and a ceramic bezel and weighs just 38.5g. It comes only in 46mm version with a 1.43-inch AMOLED screen, same as the Watch GT 3.
It has the same eight circular-shaped photoelectric heart rate sensors on the back of the watch, L1 and L5 dual-band GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS satellite systems. The smartwatch can calculate “running index” based on the user’s historical running heart rate, pace, distance, frequency and other multidimensional data. Based on this index, the smartwatch can perform training load assessment, plan formulation and recovery suggestions for you.
HUAWEI says that the watch can be used continuously for 20 hours with the GPS turned on, and 14 days under normal usage. In addition, it also has various functions of the Watch GT 3 series.
HUAWEI WATCH GT Runner specifications
- 1.43-inch (466 x 466 pixels) AMOLED display
- ARM Cortex-M processor
- 32MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Compatible with HarmonyOS 2 or later, Android 6.0 or later, iOS 9.0 or later
- Power button + function button, upper button supports the rotatable crown
- Sensors: Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Air pressure sensor
- Microphone and Speaker for calls via Bluetooth
- Water and Dust resistant (5ATM)
- 100+ workout modes with automatic exercise detection for the 6 most common types of workout, Sleep tracking, Heart rate tracking, SpO2 tracking
- Dimensions:46.4 x 46.4 x 11mm; Weight:38.5g (without the strap)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS
- Battery life of 14 days of typical use, 7 days with heavy use, 20 hours of battery life in GPS mode, 40 hours of battery life in ultra-long endurance mode of trail running
The HUAWEI WATCH GT Runner comes in grey color and is priced at 2188 yuan (US$ 343 / Rs. 25,480 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from November 26th. The company already confirmed the global launch of the smartwatch on November 19th.
Update: It is now available to order in Malaysia for RM 1399 (US$ 334 / Rs. 24,850 approx.) and will ship in December.