After Flipkart’s announcement, Amazon has also advanced the Great Indian Festival 2021 from October 4th to October 3rd.
Earlier: Amazon just announced that its Great Indian Festival 2021 will start from October 4, 2021. It said that the sale is dedicated to lakhs of small sellers including over 75,000 local shops from 450 cities, offering their unique selection of products to customers across the country. GIF 2021 will also showcase products from Amazon sellers under various other programs such as Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Saheli, Amazon Karigar, as well as top Indian and global brands across categories.
The Great Indian Festival would include over 1,000 new product launches from top brands such as Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Sony, Apple, Boat, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Fossil, Levi’s, BIBA, Allen Solly, Adidas, American Tourister, Prestige, Eureka Forbes, Bosch, Pigeon, Bajaj, Big muscles, Lakme, Maybelline, Forest Essentials, The Body Shop, WOW, Nivea, Dabur, P&G, Tata Tea, Huggies, Pedigree, Sony PS5, Microsoft Xbox, Hasbro, Funskool, Philips, Vega and more.
- HDFC Debit and Credit card users get up to 10% Instant discount
- Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card can enjoy 5% reward points with Rs.750 as joining bonus
- Signing up for Amazon Pay Later to get a flat Rs.150 back along with instant credit up to Rs.60,000, rewards worth Rs. 1000 back for customers who use Rs.1000 gift cards
- Rewards worth Rs.200 by adding money to the Amazon Pay balance, and 10% cashback up to Rs.100 on shopping when using Amazon Pay UPI.
- Amazon Business customers in India will be able to avail exclusive offers, bulk discounts, lower festive price offers, cashbacks, rewards and more, for their regular business buying or corporate gifting for clients or employees.
- Customers will save 28% more with GST invoice on all transactions across categories like laptops, printers, networking devices, office electronics, vacuum cleaners etc. from top brands like HP, Lenovo, Canon, Godrej, Casio, Eureka Forbes and more.
During this festive season, Amazon Prime Video will get power packed and incredible assortment of titles. The upcoming content includes titles such as Sardar Udham featuring Vicky Kaushal in the titular role, Dybukk, a supernatural horror film featuring Emraan Hashmi, Bhramam starring Prithviraj Sukumaran in the lead, Udanpirappe a Tamil family drama with Jyothika and Sasikumar in the lead and Suriya starrer murder mystery Jai Bhim, Season 2 of hit Amazon Original comedy series One Mic Stand and international titles such as Justin Bieber: Our World, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Maradona: Blessed Dream and The Green Knight.
Prime Video Channels in India
With Prime Video Channels, Prime members will have a seamless experience and access to a distinctive slate of content from a diverse set of popular video streaming services; it will give Prime members the option for add-on subscriptions of popular OTT services and stream their content on the Amazon Prime Video app and website in India.
As a part of introductory offer Eros Now costs Rs. 299 per year, Lionsgate Play costs Rs. 699 per year, Discovery+ costs Rs. 299 per year, Mubi costs Rs. 1999 per year, Docu Bay costs Rs. 499 per year, Manorama Max costs Rs. 699 per year, Hoichoi costs Rs. 599 per year and Shorts TV costs Rs. 299 per year.
To ensure safe, fast and reliable deliveries, and to serve customer demand during Great Indian Festival, Amazon India said that it has created more than 110,000 seasonal job opportunities across its operations network. The company has expanded its fulfilment network by increasing its storage capacity by 40% with more than 60 fulfilment centers in 15 states offering a 43 million cubic feet to its sellers. It also ramped up its delivery infrastructure and has close to 1,700 Amazon owned and partner delivery stations, close to 28,000 ‘I Have Space’ partners and thousands of Amazon Flex delivery partners to serve customers in the farthest parts of the country.
Commenting on the announcement Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Amazon India said:
This year’s Great Indian Festival is a celebration of the resilience of local shop owners and small and medium sellers. We are humbled by their spirit and delighted with the opportunity to partner and enable their growth, especially in view of recent challenges owing to the pandemic. We continue to innovate on behalf of our customers to offer the widest selection, value and convenience, ensuring fast delivery of their #KhushiyonKeDibbe, to get them ready for the festive season from the comfort and safety of their homes.