iQOO just announced the iQOO Z5, successor of the iQOO Z3 in China. It has a 6.67-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR 10, DC dimming, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification and 91.36% screen-to-body ratio. The phone is is powered by Snapdragon 778G with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 4GB of virtual RAM.
The phone has 28837mm² VC cooling area that can bring down the phone’s core temperature by up to 12°C. It has Z-axis linear vibration motor, 4D vibration, stereo speakers, still has 3.5mm audio jack with Hi-res audio certification, and features 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera. In addition to standard version, it has a gradient finish in a model that has stripes. It packs a 5000mAh with 44W fast charging compared to 55W in the Z3.
iQOO Z5 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen, HDR10, up to 650 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, DC dimming
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with Origin OS 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, Samsung GW3 sensor, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 164.70×76.68×8.48/8.53mm; Weight: 193/195g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/QZSS/Galileo, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 44W fast charging
The iQOO Z5 comes in Dark Blue, Gradient Blue and White colours and is priced at 1,899 yuan (US$ 293 / Rs. 21,645 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB version, 2,099 yuan (US$ 324 / Rs. 23,915 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 256GB version costs 2,299 yuan (US$ 355 / Rs. 26,195 approx.). We should know the price of the phone in India when it is launched on September 27th.