Sony India has launched the new Alpha ZV-E10, a compact and portable mirrorless camera with a feature-set optimized for vloggers and content creators. Sony said that it uses advanced imaging technology with extensive usability and a custom-built feature set that is optimized for creators.
The new ZV-E10 camera (body only) is priced at Rs. 59,490 and the Alpha ZV-E10L (with SELP1650 kit) costs Rs. 69,990. It is available across all Sony Centers Alpha Flagship stores, ShopatSC.com portal, major electronic stores and ecommerce websites (Amazon and Flipkart) from today 20th, September 2021.
Features of Sony Alpha ZV-E10
- Features a 24.2-megapixel (approx. effective) APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine to produce high-quality imagery with high-sensitivity, detailed texture depiction and beautiful natural bokeh.
- Includes the acclaimed video-specific features favored in the popular digital camera ZV-1 including “Background Defocus” that can smoothly switch between a blurred (bokeh) and sharp background, as well as the “Product Showcase Setting” mode that allows the camera to automatically shift focus from the subject’s face to an object being highlighted.
- Features a video-first design in a lightweight form factor (343g approx.) and includes the popular side-opening Vari-angle LCD Screen that allows creators to connect external mics on top of the camera. This simplifies their setup while still allowing users to see the screen in selfie shooting mode and from high and low angles.
- Includes several other easy-to-use functions that are specifically designed for still and video, including a new Still/Movie/Slow and Quick motion button located on the top of the camera that allows creators to easily change between their desired shooting mode with just one touch.
- Offers electronic image stabilization with Active Mode, which delivers stable video recording even while walking and shooting hand-held.
- Advanced AF (autofocus) technology provides fast, precise AF with excellent tracking performance, as well as high quality audio for clear sound recording.
- Allows the user to expand their creative expression by utilizing the ideal lens for each individual scene they want to shoot. The wide variety of compatible lenses in Sony’s E-mount lens lineup lets the user choose the perfect lens based on their creative vision and creator’s intent.
- Sony’s industry-leading AF technology enables the user to leave the focusing duties to the camera so that they can concentrate on composing their shot.
- Includes Fast Hybrid AF and Real-time Eye AF for video, Real-time Tracking that allows the camera to keep track of the subject’s face and eyes for fast and precise autofocusing even while shooting on-the-go and in challenging environments.
- Touch Focus function allows the user to intuitively set the focus position in still images by simply touching the screen. With one tap, the user can instantly shift the focus position to a subject in the image periphery. This is available in both still and video modes.
- Sony’s leading technology enables the Alpha ZV-E10 to capture crystal clear sound recording that clearly captures the speaker’s voice, thanks to its internal Directional 3-Capsule Mic and the supplied wind screen to greatly reduce wind noise. Includes a Digital audio interface via Multi Interface (MI) Shoe Cap and a mic jack to connect an external mic.
- Auto exposure maintains the brightness putting the subject first
When shooting in different settings with dramatic changes in light, the user can rest assured that the Alpha ZV-E10 will automatically correct the exposure so that the subject’s face is not over or under exposed, using an original Face Priority AE (autoexposure) algorithm capable of rapid AE transitions.
- Includes advanced video features such as 4K video shooting
through full pixel readout without pixel binningvii and Slow & Quick Motion with High-speed full HD recording at 120 fps. The ZV-E10 offers high bit rate XAVC S codecx at 100Mbps when recording 4K and 50Mbps when recording Full HD. With ZV-E10, shoot stunning time-lapse videos with Interval Shooting. Hybrid Log-Gamma (HDR) / S-Gamut. Cine / S-Log3, S-Gamut3 / S-Log3 to deliver expressive cinematic look.
- Easy-to-hold body grip and large MOVIE button that is conveniently located on top of the camera. When paired with the optional Shooting Grip with Wireless Remote Commander (GP-VPT2BT, sold separately), one-handed shooting is simplified with easy to access zoom, record and a customizable button. A recording lamp (tally light) is also provided on the front face of the body for an at-a-glance indication of recording status.
- A red frame on the LCD screen also appears while recording which quickly lets the user know if the recording is active when behind the camera. A unique feature of the Alpha ZV-E10 is the zoom lever that can operate optical zoom with power zoom lenses and Clear Image zoom with prime lenses. When pairing the camera with a prime lens, the user can zoom without losing video resolution to maintain full 4K video. The user can also choose from 8 zoom speed settings for added creative flexibility.
- Features long battery performance with enough power to capture up to 125 minutes or 440 images on a full charge, so the user can record for long periods without worry. Power can be supplied through a USB Type-C connector, allowing external batteries to power the camera for extended battery life when shooting on the go. To conserve the camera’s battery, the Alpha ZV-E10’s Vari-angle LCD Screen allows the user to put the camera into Power save modex by closing it and instantly shoot by opening the panel.
- It can also be used as a high-quality webcam or livestreaming camera by simply connecting it to a PC or smartphone for increased mobility while streaming, with no additional software needed.
- Supports standards used for USB cameras like UVC (USB Video Class) / UAC (USB Audio Class). The Alpha ZV-E10 also allows users to connect to a power supply via USB cable while livestreaming for longer usage. For added convenience, the user can assign this function to a custom button to start streaming instantly.
- Using Sony’s Imaging Edge Mobile app, users can transfer selected images and video files to a mobile device via Wi-Fi. Users can transfer files from an SD card in the camera to a smartphone (mobile device) via Bluetooth even if the camera is powered OFF.
Commenting on the launch, Mukesh Srivastava, Head of Digital Imaging Business at Sony India, said:
For the growing needs of today’s creators to have a creative edge, Sony introduces latest interchangeable-lens camera, the Alpha ZV-E10. The new Alpha ZV-E10 is an amalgamation of the versatility and excellence in image quality of a larger-sensor interchangeable lens camera that offers user-friendly features, specifically designed for still and video, making it an ideal tool for creators looking to transition to a more advanced set up.