At its event, Apple announced the iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max successor of last year’s iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max models, both with support for 5G, upgraded displays, A15 Bionic chips and bigger batteries. These come with 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch OLED Super Retina XDR displays with ProMotion, supporting an adaptive refresh rate from 10Hz to 120Hz. This is the brightest display ever on iPhone with up to 25% higher max outdoor brightness, at 1000 nits.
These come with Ceramic Shield protection, A15 Bionic 5nm Chip with new 6-core CPU, 5-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine and has IP68 water resistance (6 meters for up to 30 minutes) ratings.
The iPhone 13 Pro line up features all-new Wide camera with a larger sensor with 1.9 µm pixels, the largest ever on iPhone and has ƒ/1.5 aperture, the Wide camera on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max offers a massive improvement in low-light situations, up to 2.2x when compared to iPhone 12 Pro, and nearly 1.5x when compared to iPhone 12 Pro Max. The Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation (OIS) is available on both models, stabilising the sensor instead of the lens.
The new Ultra Wide camera features a much wider ƒ/1.8 aperture and has a new autofocus system, bringing a 92% improvement for low-light environments, producing images that are brighter and sharper. The new lens design, autofocus capability for the first time in the Ultra Wide on iPhone, and also brings macrophotography with a minimum focus distance of 2 centimeters. Macro also extends to video including Slo-mo and Time-lapse. iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max also boast a new 77 mm Telephoto camera, offering 3x optical zoom for a total 6x optical zoom range on the camera system.
The Cinematic mode records videos of people, pets, and objects with a beautiful depth effect with automatic focus changes and it records in Dolby Vision HDR. These also introduce ProRes (1080p at 30 fps for 128GB storage, 4K 30 fps in other models), an advanced video codec used widely as the final delivery format for commercials, feature films, and broadcasts, to offer higher color fidelity and less compression. iPhone is the only smartphone in the world to provide an end-to-end workflow — capture, edit, and share in Dolby Vision or ProRes, said Apple.
The customized hardware design in the iPhone 13 Pro line up features more 5G bands, allowing it to work in more places on 5G for greater coverage and performance. By the end of 2021, support for 5G on iPhone will double around the globe, with over 200 carriers worldwide in 60 countries and regions, said Apple.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max specifications
- iPhone 13 Pro- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, 1000 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 13 Pro Max -6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, 1000 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 5‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB,256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.5) camera, 7P lens, Sensor‑shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/1.8) camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.8 aperture with 3x optical zoom for a total 6x optical zoom range, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 13 Pro dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 203grams
- iPhone 13 Pro Max dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.65mm; Weight: 238grams
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 22 hours (iPhone 13 Pro) / 28 hours (iPhone 13 Pro Max) of video playback
Pricing and availability
The Apple iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come in Graphite, Gold, Silver and Sierra Blue in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and all-new 1TB storage options.
Pricing and availability
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB– Rs. 1,19,900
- iPhone 13 Pro 256GB– Rs. 1,29,900
- iPhone 13 Pro 512GB – Rs. 1,49,900
- iPhone 13 Pro 1TB – Rs. 1,69,900
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB– Rs. 1,29,900
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB– Rs. 1,39,900
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 512GB – Rs. 1,59,900
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 1TB – Rs. 1,79,900
The iPhone 13 Pro series will be available through Apple Authorized Resellers in India starting from September 24th with pre-orders starting from September 17th at 5:30PM IST.