Apple just announced new iPad (9th Gen) at its event as expected. It packs a 10.2-inch Retina Display with upgraded ambient light sensor that enables True Tone, which adjusts screen content to the color temperature of a room. It has the new A13 Bionic chip with 20% faster performance in CPU, GPU, and Neural Engine. Apple said that it is up to 3x faster than top-selling Chromebook and 6x faster than top-selling Android tablets. It still has support for Apple Pencil first gen, smart keyboard, has an upgraded 12MP ultra-wide camera, and comes with Gigabit LTE option as well.
It comes with iPadOS 15 with support for Centre Stage that detects people and moves the frame to follow them. This works in FaceTime, Zoom, and other video apps. It still has the Touch ID embedded into the home button. The new Apple iPad comes in Silver and Space Grey colours and comes in 64GB and 256GB versions.
Apple iPad (9th Gen) specifications
- 10.2-inch (2160 x 1620pixels) Retina display with 500 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB/256GB variants
- iPadOS 15
- 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens
- 12MP 122° front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- Touch ID, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 250.6x 174.1x 7.5mm; Weight: 483g (WiFi) / 498g (4G)
- 32.4-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music, Wi-Fi + Cellular models up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
Pricing and availability
The new iPad 64GB Wi-Fi model starts at Rs. 30900, and the 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model start at Rs. 42900. The 256GB Wi-Fi model costs Rs. 44900 and the Wi-Fi + Cellular model costs Rs. 56,900. The Apple Pencil (1st generation) costs Rs. 8500 and the Smart Keyboard for iPad is available for Rs. 13900.
The new iPad is available to order beginning today on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the US, with availability beginning Friday, September 24.