After rumours, Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy M22, the company’s latest mid-range M series phone in Europe. It has a 6.4-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 90Hz screen with Infinity-U notch that houses a 13MP camera, is powered by screen Helio G80 SoC with 4GB of RAM, has a 48MP rear camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth and a 2MP macro sensor. This lacks the OIS feature which was present in the Galaxy A22 that shares similar specifications with the M22.
The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, plastic back and a 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging, but comes with a 15W charger in the box.
Samsung Galaxy M22 specifications
- 6.4-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.8GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with OneUI 3.1 Core
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 74 x 8.4mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M22 comes in Black, White and Light Blue colours and will roll out in Europe soon starting from Germany. We should know the price in the coming days.