Samsung Galaxy S21 FE renders surfaced in April, and the press renders surfaced in back in June, revealing all the details. A report said that Samsung has not yet decided whether to suspend production of the S21 FE due to Snapdragon 888 yield issues from Samsung foundry.
Today, a new report from FrontPage Tech reveals that the phone will be available for pre-order on Wednesday, October 20 and will go on sale from October 29th. The report says that these are market launch and shipping dates, so the announcement could happen sometime early October or even in September. A recent rumour said that it will be introduced on September 8th.
A recent Geekbench listing revealed Exynos 2100 model of the phone, so Samsung might offer Exynos variant of the phone in some markets, just like other S21 series phones.
The user manual of the phone that surfaced recently confirmed IP68 ratings and an in-display fingerprint scanner, as well as Dolby Atmos, Wireless DeX, Samsung Pay, wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging. The phone looks similar to the S21, sans the metal housing and a metal frame. It should feature a plastic back with a matte finish.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE rumoured specifications
- 6.4-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with OIS, LED Flash, 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Telephoto camera, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 32MP front camera
- Water resistant (IP68)
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 74.5 x 7.9~9.3mm (with camera bump)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The renders revealed that the phone will come in Black, White, Lilac Purple and Olive Green colours.