Samsung just launched the Galaxy M32 5G, the company’s latest budget 5G smartphone, soon after the launch of Galaxy M42 5G in India back in April. It packs a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD Infinity-V display, is powered by Dimensity 720 SoC with support for 12 5G bands and up to 8GB of RAM. It packs quad rear cameras that include 48 MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera 5MP macro camera, and 2MP depth of field camera for live focus and a 13MP front camera.
The phone runs Android 11 with OneUI 3.1 on top, promises 2 years of software updates and also ha Knox security. It has a new soft-edge, iconic design with a minimal camera housing, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ Infinity-V LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 7nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with OneUI 3.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, ISOCELL GM2 sensor, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro sensor and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 76.1×9.1mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA (N1, N3, N5, N7, N8, N20, N28, N38, N40, N41, N66, N78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 15W Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy M32 5G comes in Slate Black and Sky Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 20,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, and it also comes in 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version priced at Rs. 22999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Samsung.com and other online and offline stores starting from September 2nd. ICICI Credit card users get Rs. 2000 instant discount, so the effective starting price is Rs. 18,999.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Senior Director and Head, Mobile Marketing, Samsung India, said:
Galaxy M series has disrupted the market since its launch in 2019. We are committed to deliver superior experiences that surpass the ever growing demands of our always on GenZ consumers. As we gear up for the 5G revolution in India, the brand new Galaxy M32 5G fortifies the ‘Monster’ legacy with its twelve 5G band-support and promise of two OS updates, ensuring that our users are always #BeFutureReady. Galaxy M32 5G is equipped with Samsung Knox, Samsung’s defense-grade mobile security platform and flaunts premium design to make our users go #MonsterLikeABoss.
Kuldeep Malik, Director, Corporate Sales, MediaTek India, said:
The MediaTek Dimensity 720 enables premium experiences across mid-range 5G smartphones, and Samsung Galaxy M32 5G is the first device powered by this energy-efficient7nm SoC. MediaTek Dimensity 720 delivers advanced connectivity, best-in-class power efficiency, smarter cameras, smooth streaming, and a fully integrated 5G modem with MediaTek 5G UltraSave to provide extra power-saving technologies. We look forward to our ongoing collaboration with Samsung and the upcoming devices based on our Dimensity platforms.