ZTE announced the Axon 30 smartphone in China last month. As it had promised, today it has confirmed the global pricing and roll out details of the phone outside China. The phone is priced at $499 (Rs. 37,011 approx.) / €499/ £429 for 8GB+128GB version and $599 (Rs. 44,430 approx.) / €599/ £519 for 12GB+256GB version. Global sales begin September 9, 2021, on ZTE website.
Countries and regions for this open sales include:
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Latvia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Malta, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Denmark, Estonia, Portugal, Finland, Romania, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Hungary, Sweden, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Poland, France, United Kingdom
- North America: United States, Canada
- Asia-Pacific: Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Macao SAR China, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong SAR China, Thailand, Ukraine,
- Middle East: Israel, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait
Africa: South Africa
ZTE said that it managed to overcome handful of technical challenges and conducted innovative improvements in 6 core fields, including special pixel matrix, unique driver circuits, independent display chip, front camera, in-house selfie algorithm, and larger light-sensitive 4-in-1 2.24um equivalent large pixel camera. Supported by these upgrades, the invisibility of the front camera and the display performance has been even further enhanced, taking a great leap to provide a better experience for users.
It was introduced as the first phone with under-display screen with high pixel density of up to 400 PPI, providing better display performance while maintaining high transmittance and an improved visual integration with the screen as a whole. Additionally, in order to achieve a smoother transition between the under-display camera and the regular display area, an ingenious circuit arrangement has been conducted to activate better synchronization between the two areas.
Other than that, an independent display chip has also been incorporated into this new device, improving the accuracy and synchronization of the screen display through intelligent pixel enhancement and display optimization. Meanwhile, 7 layers of highly transparent materials and 3 special processing technologies can also enable the under-display camera area to be more light-transmissive.
The new camera area on the back of the device features an iconic LABEL design, creating this unique label of image fusion technology. The back is made of 3D composite polymer material, with nano-level glow texture overlaid by holographic effect, fostering a rich interweaving of light and shade, and also showcasing the great beauty of colors.
ZTE AXON 30 specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 10-bit display, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz Touch Sampling, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with MyOS11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens, 5MP 3cm macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP under-screen front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.2×77.8×7.8mm; Weight: 189g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n28/n41/n78 for China), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4200mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) battery with 55W fast charging