ZTE just announced its Axon 30 smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.92-inch Ful HD+ OLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate. The screen has 100% DCI-P3 color gamut and supports 10-bit color depth and 1.07 billion colours. It is the first smartphone across the globe to be authorized with the three authoritative eye protection certifications, covering TUV, SGS and UL. The screen can effectively reduce blue light radiation, protect eyesight, and support DC dimming to reduce visual fatigue caused by screen flicker.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 870 with up to 12GB of RAM with up to 5GB of virtual RAM, has VC liquid cooling plate, thermal gel, and graphene copper-based composite material for cooling.
The under-display camera area screen is the first one worldwide, with a high pixel density of 400 PPI, said the company. Its ingenious circuit arrangement enables the synchronization between the front camera and the conventional display area, thus promising the more natural transition between them. It has an independent display chip, which makes the display more accurate and synchronized, through intelligent pixel enhancement and intelligent display optimization.
7 layers of highly transparent materials and 3 special processing technologies are used to make the under-display camera area more light-transmissive. Combined with the larger light-sensitive 4-in-1 2.24um equivalent large pixel camera, it creates an excellent light environment for shooting, said the company.
The phone has 64MP main camera, 8MP 120-degree wide-angle camera, 5MP 3cm macro lens and a 2MP depth sensor. It supports multi-camera simultaneous shooting, has Super Night Mode, classic filters and supports 3D Lut filters for users to customize. It as 5G super antenna 3.1 that is equipped with an “anti-lock” antenna system and a dual Wi-Fi antenna. Regardless of vertical grip or horizontal grip, it can prevent hands from blocking the antenna and improve the signal transmission capabilities by 100%. The rear shell is made of 3D composite polymer material with nano-level glow texture overlaid. Its illusion holographic effect can bring a rich light and shadow change with a dazzling beauty of colors.
ZTE AXON 30 specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 10-bit display, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with MyOS11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens, 5MP 3cm macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP under-screen front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.2×77.8×7.8mm; Weight: 189g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/n3/n28/n41/n78 for China), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4200mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) battery with 55W fast charging
The ZTE AXON 30 comes in Black and Aqua colours, is priced at 2198 yuan (US$ 338 / Rs. 25,175 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB version, 2498 yuan (US$ 384 / Rs. 28,600 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB version, 2798 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 32,035 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB version, and the top-end 12GB + 256GB versions costs 3098 yuan (US$ 476 / Rs. 35,470 approx.), but it will get a 100 yuan discount during first sale on August 3rd. It will be introduced for global markets soon.