Micromax has launched its IN 2b smartphone under its new ‘IN’ brand as a successor to last year’s IN 1b, as it had promised. It has a 6.52-inch HD+ Drop Notch LCD screen with 89% screen-to-body ratio, is powered octa-core UNISOC T610 processor and Mali-G52 GPU paired with 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB internal storage. The company claims that the SoC offers 45% better performance than its competitors in the same price range.
It runs on Android 11 without any ads or bloatware. The phone features a 13-megapixel primary rear camera along with a 2-megapixel depth sensor and an 5-megapixel camera on the front. The rear plastic panel has tiny patterns that offer a good grip, and there is a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. The phone packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging over USB Type-C.
Micromax IN 2b specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 drop notch display with up to 400 nits brightness
- Octa-core 12nm UNISOC T610 processor – Dual Core Cortex A75 and Six Core Cortex A55 clocked up to 1.8GHz with Mali-G52 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11
- 13MP rear camera with Samsung sensor, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Micromax IN 2b comes in Blue, Black and Green colours, is priced at Rs. 7999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 8999. It will be available from Flipkart and Micromax India website starting from August 6th.