Qualcomm launched the Snapdragon Insiders program for Snapdragon enthusiasts back in March. Today it has introduced Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders with Snapdragon 888 and the hardware is designed by ASUS featuring a similar screen as the ROG Phone 5.
Snapdragon Insiders Smartphone specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz Samsung AMOLED display with 20.4:9 aspect ratio, 111.23% DCI-P3, 106.87% NTSC, 150.89% sRGB color gamut coverage, HDR10 and HDR10+ certified 1 nit to 800nits outdoor-readable brightness, 1,200 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 4-axis, optical image stabilization, Dual LED flash, 12MP 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, Supports 4 cm Macro shot, 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, up to 12x total zoom, 4-axis, optical image stabilization, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo Speakers (AAC SLS0916A-04 Front Firing Speaker + AAC 1216SLS Side Firing bottom Speaker), Smart AMP (WDA8835)
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor Gen 2 fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 173.15 x 77.25 x 9.55mm; Weight: 210g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax ( 2.4GHz / 5GHz / 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, Quick Charge 5.0
The Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders will come with Premium Earbuds by Master & Dynamic, 65W charger with Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 Technology, Custom Rubber Bumper for reinforced edge protection & anti-slip feature and Enhanced Braided Cables.
The limited-edition smartphone is priced at $1499 (Rs. 1,12,049 approx.) and will be available coming soon to the U.S., China, UK and Germany with more regions soon.