Update: July 6, 2021 – The TECNO PHANTOM X has started rolling out in Kenya priced at KES 50,000 ($463 / Rs. 34,618 approx.) and in Nigeria at NGN 228,000 ($553 / Rs. 41,350 approx.). It will roll out in other countries soon.
TECNO has launched PHANTOM X, the company’s latest top-end smartphone, under a separate PHANTOM sub-brand. It has a 6.7-inch Full HD+ OLED 3D curved screen with 90Hz refresh rate and 48MP + 8MP ultra-wide punch-hole cameras. The phone is powered by Helio G95 with vapor chamber cooling to reduce the temperature by up to 5ºC. It has 8GB of RAM and runs Android 11 with HiOS on top.
It comes with a 50MP rear camera with 1/1.3″ sensor, f/1.85 aperture, 13MP 50mm portrait camera and an 8MP ultra-wide camera. The phone has Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and back, in-display fingerprint sensor and a 4,700 mAh battery with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 70% in 30 minutes.
TECNO PHANTOM X specifications
- 6.7-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED borderless screen with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G95 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11 with realme HiOS
- 50MP rear camera with 1/1.3″ sensor, f/1.85 aperture, quad LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 13MP 50mm portrait camera
- 48MP front camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, dual LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.5×73.78×8.72mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The TECNO PHANTOM X comes in Starry Night Blue and Monet’s Summer colours and will go on sale directly through its website in Nigeria and Kenya markets from July 2021. It will also offer exclusive VIP services including PHANTOM Club activities that customers and members are entitled to after purchase.