Motorola is all set to launch a new Defy rugged smartphone in the US soon, and the press shots as well are detailed specifications of the phone have surfaced, thanks to @evleaks. It has similar specifications as the Moto G9, but this has Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, and the screen is usable with wet fingers.
The phone is MIL-STD-810H certified making it resistant to vibration: Category 4, Resistant to humidity and salt mist, Thermal shock: handles low to high temperature differences between-30°C (-22°F) to 75°C (167°F) for up to 30mins. Ingress Protection (IP68): Sand, dust, dirt, water, humidity and salt mist resistant, Waterproof: Up to 1.5m (5ft) for 35 minutes; Dual-sealed housing and Drop-proof: Up to 1.8m (6ft) onto steel; Structurally reinforced PCB; High quality lanyard to reduce drops.
It has a Programmable Key with PTT Mode, physical power and volume (up/down).
Motorola Defy 2021 rumoured specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch (1600×720 pixels) HD+ LCD Max Vision display with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, Usable with wet fingers
- SoC: Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 — up to 2 GHz 4 x Kryo 260 Performance (Cortex A73-based) + Up to 1.8GHz 4 x Kryo 260 Efficiency (Cortex A53-based)
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x
- Software: Android 10, upgradable to Android 11
- ROM: 64GB, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Cameras: 48MP primary with f/1.7 aperture + 2MP Macro Vision Camera with f/2.4 aperture+ 2MP Depth; Night Vision Mode
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and Dust resistance (IP68)
- MIL-STD-810H certified
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz|5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C waterproof port
- Battery: 5000mAh with 20W Turbopower Charging
The Motorola Defy 2021 will come in Black and Forged Green and is expected to be introduced in the US soon.