After rumours, vivo today confirmed the launch of V21e 5G, the company’s new smartphone in the V21 series in India on June 24th. The 4G version of the V21e was introduced back in April in Malaysia, but the 5G version is quite different from the 4G version, featuring a gradient rear design and dual rear cameras.
The phone with the V2055 model surfaced in Geekbench listing revealing MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC, 8GB of RAM and runs Android 11. It is said to retain the 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen from the 4G version, but it is not expected to support 90Hz refresh rate.
vivo V21e 5G rumoured specifications
- 6.44-inch (2404 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with up to 800 nits brightness, HDR 10+
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 11 with Funtouch OS 11.1
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with 44W fast charging
We should know the price when the phone is launched in the country next week.