TECNO has announced POVA 2, the company’s latest smartphone in the POVA series and the successor to the POVA that was launched last year. It has a 6.9-inch Full HD+ screen with 180Hz touch sampling rate, MediaTek Helio G85 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, and it runs Android 11 with HiOS on top. The phone has 48MP rear camera, 2MP depth, 2MP macro, AI lens, quad LED flash and 8MP front camera with dual LED flash.
The special craft creates a unique textured effect that combines a hard-edged feel with a technological pioneer for a cool look, says the company. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 7000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
TECNO POVA 2 specifications
- 6.9-inch (1080 x 2460 pixels) HD+ Dot-in display with up to 480 nits brightness
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB internal storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB internal storage expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- HiOS 7.6 based on Android 11
- 48MP (f/1.79 primary) + 2MP (4cm macro) + 2MP (depth) + 2MP (AI Lens), Quad LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 173.32 x 78.78 x 9.62mm; Weight: 185g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 7000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The TECNO POVA 2 comes in Polar Silver, Power Blue and Dazzle Black colours, is priced at 7,990 Philippine peso (US$ 167 / Rs. 12,200 approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB version and will be available to order in the Philippines from June 5th.