POCO just confirmed the launch of the company first 5G phone in India, the POCO M3 Pro 5G on June 8th. As usual, it will be sold on Flipkart after the launch. It was introduced for global markets last month and is actually a version of the Redmi Note 10 5G with a new design.
The phone was launched in Europe for €179 (US$ 218 / Rs. 15,995 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, but we can expect it for around Rs. 15,000 in India to compete with the realme 8 5G.
POCO M3 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 500 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 161.81 x 75.34 x 8.92mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 18W fast charging