Sharp has introduced AQUOS R6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the 2021 summer line up in Japan. The phone has world’s first 6.6-inch WXGA+ IGZO OLED with 1Hz-240Hz adaptive refresh rate for both high energy-saving and a smooth user experience. It can display HDR content with 1 billion colors, high contrast of 20 million:1, and high peak brightness of 2,000 nits (cd/m²), which is the highest in the industry.
Sharp has partnered with Leica to use Summicron lens for the 20.2MP 1″ sensor used in the smartphone. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform with Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max high-speed and high-precision fingerprint authentication, and a 5,000 mAh battery.
Sharp AQUOS R6 specifications
- 6.6-inch (1260 x 2730 pixels) WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED display, 1-240Hz refresh rate, 20,000,000:1 contrast ratio, up to 2000 nits brightness, 10-bit color, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, microSD up to 1TB
- Android 11
- 20.2MP camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, Leica Sumicron 7P lens, EIS, Low Light ToF AF camera
- 12.6MP front camera with f/2.3 aperture
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max in-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162 x 74 x 9.5mm; Weight: 207g
- Water and dustproof (IPX5 / IPX8 / IP6X)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,000mAh battery with fast charging
The Sharp AQUOS R6 comes in Black and White colours and will roll out starting from mid-June 2021 in Japan through local operators NTT Docomo and Softbank. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch.