Xiaomi under its Redmi brand just announced the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition, the company’s first gaming smartphone in China. It has a 6.67-inch FHD+ flexible AMOLED screen with 120Hz high refresh rate, 480Hz simultaneous three-fingerprint simultaneous touch sampling rate, 1.8mm trilateral equal width, 2.7mm ultra-narrow chin.
It is powered by 6nm Dimensity 1200 SoC with multi-stacked graphite layers combined with super-large vapor chambers, and new aerospace-grade heat dissipation material with a built-in “white graphene” layer that covers 11540mm², which not only efficiently dissipates heat for the charging chip, but also offers good insulation to reduce its impact on nearby antennas to reduce the temperature by 2°C.
The phone has a magnetic dual-trigger design, allowing users to play games using four fingers, instead of only two. This offers stable and realistic pressing feedback, thanks to its mechanical structure. Compared with the traditional mechanical transmission structure, the magnetic triggers can effectively reduce the wear-out in daily use, with a lifespan of up to 1.5 million taps. The phone has Dolby Atmos and is approved by the JBL synthesis certification system, offering a truly immersive gaming experience.
The phone has a 64MP rear camera, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera and a 2MP telemacro camera. The phone has an X-axis Linear Motor and packs a 5,065mAh large battery with 67W fast charging that can charge the phone up to 100% in just 42 minutes. It features RGB lighting and gaming details and also adopts a low-key and restrained overall appearance.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 500 nits (typical brightness), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.94x 76.93 x 8.3mm; Weight: 205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,065mAh (Typical) battery with 66W fast charging
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition comes in Black, Sliver and White colours and there is also a limited Bruce Lee Special Edition in 12GB+ 256GB version.
It comes with a unique finish on the back and also comes with a special case in the box.
- 6GB+128GB – 1,999 yuan (US$ 308 / Rs. 22,995 approx.)
- 8GB+128GB – 2,199 yuan (US$ 339 / Rs. 25,300 approx.)
- 8GB+256GB / 12GB+128GB – 2,399 yuan (US$ 369 / Rs. 27,600 approx.)
- 12GB+ 256GB – 2,699 yuan (US$ 416 / Rs. 31,055 approx.)
- 12GB+ 256GB Bruce Lee Special Edition – 2,799 yuan (US$ 431 / Rs. 32,205 approx.)
It is available to order and will go on sale in China from April 30th.