Sony Mobile has announced Xperia 10 III (pronounced mark 3), the company’s latest mid-range smartphone along with the Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 III. It features a 6-inch 21:9 Wide Full HD+ OLED screen with 60Hz refresh rate and 120Hz Touch sampling rate, has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 690 5G with 6GB of RAM, runs Android 11, and features triple rear cameras including 12MP (main) +8MP (telephoto) and 8MP (120° ultra-wide) and an 8MP front camera.
It has a 169g light-weight water and dust resistant body and packs a 4500mAh battery with support for up to 30W fast charging even though it comes with 18W charger in the box.
Sony Xperia 10 III specifications
- 6-inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 21:9 aspect ratio Wide display with 97% DCI-P3, 10 bit tonal gradation, Triluminous display for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 690 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor, 75° wide-angle lens, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1/4″ sensor for up to 10x hybrid zoom, 8MP 1/4″ 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/4″ sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, 78° wide-angle lens
- Side-Mounted fingerprint sensor
- Water resistant (IPX5/IPX8)4, Dust proof (IP6X)
- 3.5 mm audio jack, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio7
- Dimensions: 154 x 68 x 8.3mm; Weight: 169g
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with up to 30W (USB PD) fast charging, Xperia Adaptive Charging, Battery Care, STAMINA Mode
The Sony Xperia 10 III comes in Black, Blue, White and Pink colours and will roll out in early Summer. Pricing will be announced closer to the sale date.