Lenovo just announced Legion Phone Duel 2, the company’s latest gaming phone and the successor to last year’s model. It has a 6.92-inch FHD+ E4 AMOLED screen with DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, DC dimming, 144Hz refresh rate and 720Hz multi-fingerprint touch response. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 888 with 5G SA/NSA and up to 18GB of RAM. It has dual cooling system that includes liquid cooling with an internal VC 4,730 square millimetres liquid-cooled plate, dual fans and pure copper independent air ducts, which can quickly dissipate heat through the dual air outlets on both the sides.
Lenovo has also added an independent display chip in order to meet the different control needs of players, in addition to the screen, there are a total of six customizable touch points in the right middle frame, the left edge of the back cover, and the upper and lower back of the device. The control area, together can support up to eight finger operations. It has a 64MP main camera and a 16MP ultra-wide-angle camera that also has a macro mode. It has a 44MP pop-up front autofocus front camera with 4K recording, real-time virtual image generation, which is convenient for live broadcasters.
The phone has Corning Gorilla Glass back cover, all-metal middle frame, dual X-axis linear motors, which is same as the previous generation, 0.7mm dual speakers, with an equivalent 1.6cc sound cavity and support for Dolby Atmos, but it doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Bottom and right sides of the phone have USB Type-C ports to more flexibly access accessories while charging. It has a 5,500mAh with support for up to 90W wired fast charging.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2 specifications
- 6.92-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz AMOLED display with up to 1300 nits brightness, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, DC dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ZUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 16MP ultra-wide camera with macro shooting option, Audio Zoom, 8k video recording
- 44MP pop-up front camera, 4k video recording
- USB Type-C audio, 1.66cc dual speakers, 4 microphones
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Multicolour rear LED, Dual Ultrasonic gaming sensors
- Dimensions: 176 x 78.5 x10.32mm; Weight: 262g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax 2x2MIMO, MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, QZSS(L1+L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC
- 5500mAh battery with 90W fast charging
The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2 comes in Dawn and Gradient versions, is priced at 3,699 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 42,100 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 4,099 yuan (US$ 625 / Rs. 46,660 approx.) for 12GB + 128GB, 4,399 yuan (US$ 671 / Rs. 50,100 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB, 5,299 yuan (US$ 809 / Rs. 60,345 approx.) for 16GB + 512GB and the top-end 18GB + 512GB version costs 5,999 yuan (US$ 915 / Rs. 68,280 approx.). It is available to order from today and will go on sale in China from April 9th. It will roll out in Asia-Pacific and European markets soon.