Xiaomi just announced the Mi MIX Fold, the company’s latest foldable smartphone at the second day of its launch event. It packs an 8.01” WQHD+ resolution flexible internal display with WQHD+ resolution, 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling rate, 900nits peak brightness and MEMC and a 6.52-inch external AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate.
It is powered by Snapdragon 888 with up to 12GB of RAM, 5G SA/NSA, butterfly-type cooling system, which integrates large-area VC liquid cooling, thermal gel, multilayer graphite sheets and other heat dissipation methods for 22,583.7mm² total heat dissipation area.
The phone has a 108MP main camera, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera and is the world’s first smartphone with Liquid Lens technology in which the radius of curvature of the spherical surface can be accurately changed using high-precision motor based on Xiaomi’s self-developed technology, which allows for 3X optical zoom, up to 30X telephoto, and a minimum focus distance of 3cm. It has Xiaomi’s own Surge C1 image processing chip for improved 3A algorithm and low-light focus capabilities for more accurate autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance, significantly improving image quality.
It comes in Standard edition with with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and ceramic texture and a Ceramic Special Edition with a gold middle frame and volume buttons, as well as a black ceramic back with special laser engraving. It has a quad speakers setup with dual 1216 speakers positioned on either side of the screen and a large 0.65mm amplitude and 1.34cc-equivalent sound cavity. The phone also has 15V Smart PA and SOUND BY Harman Kardon. It can realize 3D spatial audio field playback, which builds an additional sound dimension on top of the foundational dual speakers, creating a true 3D spatial audio listening experience.
The phone packs a 5,020mAh battery with dual-battery parallel architecture, which consists of two batteries with a capacity of 2,460mAh and 2,560mAh. It has 67W fast charging that can fully charge the phone in 37 minutes.
Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0
The Mi MIX Fold is priced at 9,999 yuan (US$ 1521 / Rs. 1,11,735 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB and 10,999 yuan (US$ 1,673 / Rs. 1,22,905 approx.) for the 12GB+512GB glass back version and the 16GB + 512GB Ceramic Special Edition costs 12,999 yuan (US$ 1,977 / Rs. 1,45,255 approx.). It is now available to order and will go on sale in China from April 16th.