Meizu just announced 18 and 18 Pro at an event in China. The Meizu 18 and 18Pro pack a 6.2 / 6.7-inch Quad HD+ E4 AMOLED curved screen from Samsung with 120Hz refresh screen, 240Hz touch sampling rate and ultra-narrow bezel. The punch-hole houses a 20MP front camera for the 18 and the 18 Pro has a 44MP front camera. These are powered by Snapdragon 888 with 5G SA/NSA support. The X-axis linear motor is larger than the previous generation, and the area under the screen supports pressure sensitivity, which can be used for the new mBack gesture operation.
The Meizu 18 packs a 64MP Sony IMX682 main camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera and an 8MP 3x telephoto camera. The 18 Pro has a 50MP ISOCELL GN1 sensor, 32MP ultra-wide camera with 2cm macro option, retains the 8MP 3x telephoto camera and also has a TOF sensor for depth sensing. These feature an AG glass back cover and pack 4,000mAh and 4,500mAh batteries respectively with support for 36W wired charging in the form, and the latter has 40W wired and wireless charging and supports 10W reverse wireless charging.
Meizu 18 and 18 Pro specifications
- 6.2-inch (18) / 6.7-inch (18 Pro) (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (peak) / 420nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 9 based on Android 11
- 18 – 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX682 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.6 aperture, 7P lens, Ultra SMA OIS, LED flash, 16MP Samsung S5K3P9SX ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with OmniVision OV08A10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom
- 18 Pro – 50MP rear camera with Samsung S5KGN1 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 7P lens, ring LED flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 1ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2cm macro, 8MP telephoto camera with OmniVision OV08A10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 0.3MP ToF sensor with Samsung 33D, ƒ/1.4 aperture
- 18 – 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 18 Pro – 44MP front-facing camera with Samsung GH1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 3D Sonic ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual (1216 linear + 1012) speakers
- 18 Dimensions: 152.4 x 69.2 x 8.18mm; Weight: 162g
- 18 Pro Dimensions: 162.5 x 73 x 8.1mm; Weight: 189g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (18) / 4500mAh (18 Pro) (Typical) battery with 36W Super mCharge fast charging in 18 / 40W Super mCharge fast charging wired and wireless with 10W reverse wireless charging in 18 Pro
The Meizu 18 comes in White, Blue and Pink with Violet colours, and is priced at 4,399 yuan (US$ 680 / Rs. 49,570 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 4,699 yuan (US$ 727 / Rs. 52,940 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 4,999 yuan (US$ 773 / Rs. 56,320 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB versions.
The Meizu 18 Pro comes in Gray, White, and Blue colours, and is priced at 4,999 yuan (US$ 773 / Rs. 56,320 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 5,499 yuan (US$ 850 / Rs. 61,920 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 5,999 yuan (US$ 928 / Rs. 67,585 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB versions. These are available to order from today and will go on sale from March 8th in China.