After months of delay, OnePlus has finally released the Open Beta versions of Oxygen OS 11 for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series of smartphones. OnePlus was previously having issues with the update, specifically with the data decryption after the Android 11 upgrade. It looks like they have solved the issue and have begun the beta testing with the public.
The company has already rolled out stable versions of Oxygen OS 11 for the OnePlus 8 series which was released last year. The OnePlus 7 and 7T series are now next in line. Once the beta test is complete, they will roll out the stable version for a global rollout.
As always, this is Open Beta software, so there will be loads of bugs, and it is not recommended to load the software on a daily driver smartphone.
The changelog for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro are:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path : Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the “Ambient Display” by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster.