Xiaomi under its Redmi brand introduced the Redmi Note 9T as it had promised. It has a 6.53-inch FHD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800U with dual SIM 5G support and 4 antennas for 360° signal coverage and dynamic auto switching and comes with machine learning-based temperature control system.
The Redmi Note 9T has a 48MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth and a 2MP macro camera. The phone has a 3D curved back with textured fingerprint resistant finish, comes with Z-axis linear vibration motor, splash resistant P2i coating, has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging and comes with 22.5W charger in the box.
Redmi Note 9T specifications
- 6.53-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 450nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.25 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 161.96×77.25×9.05mm; Weight:199g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (Minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 9T comes in Daybreak Purple and Nightfall Black colours, is priced at 229 Euros (US$ 280 / Rs. 20,556 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 269 Euros (US$ 329 / Rs. 24,145 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the early bird pricing is 199 Euros (US$ 243 / Rs. 17,860 approx.) and 249 Euros (US$ 304 / Rs. 22,350 approx.), respectively. It will roll out starting from January 11th.
Xiaomi also launched the Redmi 9T which is a variant of the Redmi 9 Power that was launched in India recently. It comes in Carbon Gray, Twilight Blue, Sunrise Orange and Ocean Green colours and starts at 159 Euros (US$ 194 / Rs. 14,270 approx.) for the 4GB+64GB version and goes up to 189 Euros (US$ 231 / Rs. 16,965 approx.) for the 6GB+128GB version. It will roll out starting from January 9th.
The company also introduced Mi Smart Clock with a 3.97″ full-color touchscreen, in-built Google Assistant and Chromecast and AIoT control priced at 49.99 Euros (US$ 61 / Rs. 4,485 approx.).
The Mi 360° Home Security Camera 2K Pro sports a 3MP f/1.4 aperture camera, AI human detection algorithm that detects human silhouettes and keep users informed via automated messages It has dual microphones and active noise cancellation technology, and two-way communication. Privacy mode lets users to prompt the camera to swivel inwards through simple setup on their Mi Home app. It supports hands-free voice control via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. It is priced at 59.99 Euros (US$ 73.4 / Rs. 5,385 approx.).