After several rumours Xiaomi has confirmed that it will introduce Redmi Note 9T, the company’s latest budget 5G smartphone globally on January 8th. The pone received certifications and also surfaced on Geekbench recently revealing some specifications.
The teaser posted by the company shows triple rear cameras, and is expected to be the global version of the Redmi Note 9 5G that was introduced in China back in November last year, but there might be a change in RAM and storage versions.
Redmi Note 9T (Redmi Note 9 5G) rumoured specifications
- 6.53-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 450nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 161.96×77.25×9.2mm; Weight:199g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (Minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The event on January 8th starts at 1PM CET (5:30PM IST). We should know the price of the phone when it goes official on Friday.