Qualcomm just announced Snapdragon 678, the company’s next generation Mobile Platform in the 600-tier and the successor of Snapdragon 675 that was introduced back in 2018. This has Qualcomm Kryo 460 CPU clocked up to 2.2GHz, compared to 2GHz in the predecessor and has Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU, which the company says has been improved compared to the predecessor, offering faster speeds with greater efficiency. The Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP adds smarter, more robust computing while prolonging power even further.
It has a new Spectra 250L ISP, while retaining the same Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem with advanced carrier aggregation offering downloads up to 600 Mbps and uploads up to 150 Mbps.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 460 (performance) (CA76) + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 460 (efficiency) (CA55) CPUs
- 11nm LPP process technology
- Up to 8GB memory, 2×16 bit LPDDR4x 1866MHz
- Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU
- Qualcomm Spectra 250L ISP – Up to 25 MP single camera, MFNR,
ZSL, 16MP dual camera, Up to 48 MP snapshot, 14-bit 2x Image Sensor Processor (ISP), Single camera: up to 192 MP, Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR) with accelerated image stabilization, Hybrid Autofocus with support for dual
phase detection (2PD) sensors, Ultra HD video capture (4K at 30 fps)
with Motion Comp
- Supports up to FHD+ (2520×1080 pixel) 60Hz displays, Up to 4K external display support
- Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem ,Cat 12/13 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down/150 Mbps up via 3x20MHz downlink, 2X20MHz uplink
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 4K Ultra HD playback @ 30 FPS, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @ 120 FPS, 720p video capture @ 240 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with MU-MIMO 1×1, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5, USB 3.1, USB-C, NFC
- Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV), Qualcomm All Mode with support for all
major cellular modes plus LAA. Support for: VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS), CSFB to 3G and 2G, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Snapdragon 678 Mobile Platform is expected to arrive in consumer devices in 2021.