Samsung has finally launched the Galaxy S20 FE (Fan Edition) in India, after it was introduced last month. It packs a 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-O Flat Display with 120Hz refresh rate, is powered by Exynos 990 SoC with 8GB RAM, features in-display Optical Fingerprint Scanner, runs Android 10 with OneUI and come with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
The phone comes with primary 12-megapixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view and 8-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS for 3X optical Zoom and up to 30X digital zoom. The phone features a 32-megapixel front-facing camera. It has IP68 ratings for water resistance and packs a 4,500mAh battery with support for wired 25W wired fast charging, but it comes with 15W charger in the box. It also has wireless charging and wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specifications
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, 407 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB RAM (LPDDR5), 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 79˚ FOV, OIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with 32° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom, Up to 30x Super Resolution Zoom, 12MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos
- Optical Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 74.5 x 159.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) with 25W fast charging, WPC Qi wireless fast charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE comes in Cloud Red, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy and Cloud White colours, is priced at Rs. 49999 and will be available from October 16 with pre-orders starting from October 9 on Samsung.com and across leading retail stores including Amazon.in. On pre-booking, customers can avail special benefits worth INR 8000, including Samsung e-store benefits worth INR 4000 and Upgrade Bonus of INR 3000 or cashback up to INR 4000 through HDFC Bank cards.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
At Samsung, we are constantly speaking to our consumers and looking for ways to bring the best to them. With Galaxy S20 FE, we gave our fans an opportunity to design their next flagship device. Galaxy S20 FE is the flagship smartphone that is designed by the fans, for the fans. Galaxy S20 FE includes all the innovations our consumers love the most and it is being made available at an accessible price point. It is an epitome of our consistent effort to deliver the best to our millennial consumers enabling them to do what they love.