Samsung has announced Galaxy Tab Active3 targeted at B2B segment. It is MIL-STD-810H certified to withstand drops of up to 1.5 meters with an inbox protective cover and it is IP68 rated dustproof and water resistant. It supports up to three generations of Android OS upgrades and is protected by Samsung Knox, defence-grade security platform. The tablet comes with S Pen stylus which is also IP68 rated and has a holder on the top.
The tablet is optimized for camera-based barcode scanning to help retailers easily manage inventory and scan products for purchase and also supports NFC with EMV Level 1 for payment. It has an 8-inch WUXA screen with Touch Sensitivity that allows professionals to continue using the Tab Active3 while wearing gloves. It comes in both Wi-Fi and 4G versions and has 5050mAh user replaceable battery.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 specifications
- 8.0-inch (1920 x 1200 pixel) WXGA PLS TFT LCD screen
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, 1.5m Anti-shock with inbox protective cover, MIL-STD-810H
- Fingerprint Sensor
- S Pen (IP68 Certified)
- Dimensions: 126.8 x 213.8 x 9.9mml; Weight: 426g (WiFi) / 429g (LTE)
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type C
- 5050mAh (user-replaceable) battery
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 comes in Black colour, starts at 477 Euros (Rs. 40,945 approx.) and will roll out in select countries in Europe and Asia starting today will expand to other countries later.