Sony Mobile just announced Xperia 5 II, the company’s latest smartphone as expected. It has 6.1-inch 21:9 CinemaWide FHD+ HDR display offering bright colors with BRAVIA X1 for mobile, 120Hz Refresh rate, 240Hz Motion blur reduction for smooth action, plus 240Hz touch sampling rate and touch response improvements by 356% when compared to previous model for quick and accurate gaming control.
It is powered by Snapdragon 865 with 8GB of RAM and runs Android 10. The phone has triple 12-megapixel rear cameras that include 16mm super wide-angle lens, 24mm normal lens with dual photo diode image sensor and RAW noise reduction and a 70mm lens for portrait and 3x optical zoom. It features ZEISS T* coating for reduced reflection, improved contrast and image rendering. There is also a dedicated shutter button and the back has Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
Sony says that this is the world’s first phone to feature 4K HDR 120fps slow-motion movie recording and can capture and playback up to 5x slow-motion when recorded at 24fps. It also has Real-time Eye AF1, continuous Autofocus that performs AF / AE calculations at 60 times per second and up to 20fps shooting. It has side-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 4000mAh battery with Xperia Adaptive Charging that can charge up to 50% in 30 minutes.
Sony Xperia 5 II specifications
- 6.1-inch (2520×1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, ZEISS optics, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 124° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- Dimensions: 158 x 68 x 8mm; Weight: 163g
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with USB-PD fast charging
The Sony Xperia 5 II comes in Black colour, is priced at $950 (Rs. 69,975 approx.) and will be available for pre-order in the US starting from September 29, 2020 and ships from December 4, 2020.