HUAWEI today announced EMUI 11, the new major UI refresh based on Android 11 for HUAWEI and Magic UI 4.0 for HONOR devices at the HUAWEI Developer’s Congress (HDC) 2020 today in China. EMUI 11 still uses Human factors-based UX design and brings brand new AOD, immersive art themes, Smooth animations, Gesture navigations and Harmonized vibrations and ringtones, and Smart multi-window and multi-screen collaboration.
— Huawei Mobile (@HuaweiMobile) September 10, 2020
To measure user experience using scientific methods, HUAWEI says it harnesses experimental scientific research to achieve the ultimate user experience. It adds that human factors research has been applied to hundreds of distinct scenarios.
- EMIUI 11 UX design not only brings many artistic style themes and custom AOD, but also introduces a more comprehensive “smart multi-window”, which also brings users dynamic effects and multi-sensory collaboration.
- Based on eye tracking technology, it introduces stable and smooth interactive visual effects, allowing you to experience a complete, consistent and smooth experience on your phone
- Multi-screen collaboration 3.0 allows you to multitask with three smartphone windows on your display. Since the space is doubled, efficiency is improved to use multiple apps with greater efficiency.
- MeeTime cross-platform communication making sharing with MeeTime enabled third-party apps and devices easy. Also offers real-time screen sharing.
- AI Subtitles offers real-time translations from English, Japanese and Korean to Chinese
- Multi-language text and text in images can be translated easily platform-wide
- Notepad supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices.
- EMUI’s TEE OS kernel has obtained CC EAL5+ certification for global commercial OS kernel.
- When an application requests the location, camera, and recording authorization, you can select “Allow this application” or “Allow this time” to only give the application the necessary permissions for precise control and better security
HUAWEI has opened EMIUI 11 beta testing for P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design and MatePad Pro in the first batch starting today and the Magic UI 4.0 update for HONOR phones will be available first for HONOR 30 series and HONOR V30 series. The upcoming Mate 40 series will run EMIUI 11 out of the box and will be available for 50+ models in coming months. We should know more details about the global roll out soon.