POCO just launched POCO M2 smartphone, as it had promised. This has similar specifications as the Redmi 9 Prime that includes a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD water-drop, MediaTek Helio G80 8nm SoC, 13-megapixel primary rear AI camera, 8-megapixel 118° ultra-wide angle lens, 5-megapixel 4cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a two-tone design, features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, but comes with 10W charger in the box.
POCO M2 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 400 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.8GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118.2° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, linear speakers
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 77x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The POCO M2 comes in Brick Red, Pitch Black and Slate Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 10999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 12499. It will be available from Flipkart starting from September 15th.
- Rs. 750 instant discount on ICICI (credit cards or debit card EMIs) and Federal Bank (debit cards)
Commenting on the launch, Manmohan Chandolu, General Manager, POCO India, said:
At POCO, our focus has been to democratize decision-making, and stay ever evolving. The launch of POCO M2 is a step in the same direction. Running on a MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor, it is India’s most affordable 6GB RAM smartphone. Besides, POCO M2 offers a full HD+ display, a great camera experience along with a long-lasting battery. We are delighted to bring this new smartphone for our fans and intend to capture the interest of new consumers as well.