Update: October 9, 2020: Samsung has confirmed the specifications of the A42 5G smartphone which reveals a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U HD+ display, Octa Core processor, which should be Snapdragon 750G SoC, compared to 690 as rumoured earlier.
Earlier: Samsung just announced A42 5G, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in the A series at its ‘Life Unstoppable’ online event. It packs a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-U display. It packs quad rear cameras that include 48 MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera 5MP macro camera, and 5MP depth of field camera for live focus and a 20 MP front camera.
The phone has a new design that has four colours, and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 75.9 x 164.4 x 8.6mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 15W Adaptive Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A42 5G comes in Prism Dot Black, Prism Dot White and Prism Dot Gray colours, is priced at 369 Euros (US$ 437 / Rs. 32,014 approx.) and will go on sale in European market starting from November.