Qualcomm just announced Snapdragon 750G 5G Mobile Platform. It features Qualcomm Kryo 570 CPU, which delivers up to 20% compared to Snapdragon 730G and the Qualcomm Adreno 619 GPU promises up to 10% better graphics rendering compared to Snapdragon 730G, and offers Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming features for smooth, low-latency gaming experience.
It has Qualcomm Snapdragon X52 5G Modem, which supports both mmWave and sub-6 GHz, SA and NSA modes, TDD, FDD and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), and global roaming and global multi-SIM. The 5th generation Qualcomm AI Engine with up to 4.0 Trillion Operations Per Second (TOPS) delivers up to 20% improvement compared to Snapdragon 730G.
Other features include, always-on Qualcomm Sensing Hub, which combines multiple data streams for contextual use-cases: a low-power Qualcomm AI Engine enables AI-based echo cancellation and background noise suppression to provide improved voice-chat gaming experiences, uninterrupted voice communication, and support for always-on voice assistants. It also has AI-based audio and voice communication suite that is integrated into Snapdragon 750G.
Highlights of Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G
- 2 x Kryo 570 Performance CPUs (A77-based) at up to 2.2GHz, 6x Kryo 570 Efficiency CPUs (A55-based) at up to 1.8GHz
- 8nm (8LPP) Process Technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X52 5G modem-RF system
- Download speeds of up to 3.7 Gbps (5G), 1.2 Gbps (LTE) / Upload speeds of Up to 1.6 Gbps (5G), 210 Mbps (LTE), 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz, standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) modes, FDD, TDD, mmWave: 400 MHz bandwidth, 2×2 MIMO, Sub-6 GHz: 100 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO
- Qualcomm Adreno 619 GPU, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 FP,
Vulkan 1.1, DirectX 12
- On-Device Display Support: FHD+ @ 120 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up to QHD @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+
- 4K HDR10 PQ and HLG Video Playback (10 bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut), H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC) VP8 and VP9 playback
- Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for hardware accelerated voice signal processing, Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec (up to WCD9385), Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -108dB, Native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, Customizable “Golden Ears” filter, Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier (up to WSA8815)
- Up to 32MP single / 16MP dual camera, Up to 192MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra 355L Image Sensor Processor (14-bit dual-ISP), Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture, 4K HDR video capture with portrait mode, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture, Slow motion video capture up to 720p at 240fps, HEVC Video Capture, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG support
- Qualcomm Hexagon 694 Processor, Hexagon Vector eXtensions, Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, 4TOPS AI performance
- LPDDR4x 2133MHz up to 12GB
- 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6-ready), Integrated 802.11ac Wave 2 x 2 MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo,Dual frequency GNSS, QZSS, NavIC, SBAS
- USB 3.1, USB-C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G are expected to be seen in devices by the end of 2020. Xiaomi has confirmed that it will be the first launch smartphone based on the Snapdragon 750G.