Update: Press renders of the phone has surfaced that shows a similar design as the M31s with a center infinity-O display and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, different from the CAD renders.
Update: August 24 — A new IANS report says that the phone will be powered by Snapdragon 730G and launch in India in the second week of September priced between Rs 25,000 and Rs 30,000.
Earlier: Samsung Galaxy M51 has been in the news for sometime now since the image surfaced back in March. Now the detailed specifications point to 6.7-inch HD+ AMOLED punch-hole screen, 6GB or 8GB RAM versions with 128GB storage and 64 quad rear cameras, even though earlier renders showed a triple rear camera. It is said to pack a huge 7000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging.
Geekbench listing with the model number SM-M515F revealed Snapdragon 730 SoC, Android 10 and 8GB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy M51 rumoured specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera, 5MP depth sensor, 5MP macro sensor
- 32MP front camera
- Rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 7000mAh battery with 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M51 will likely come with a glasstic body similar to the M31s and is expected to launch in India soon.