After leaks CEO of ZTE phones Ni Fei yesterday confirmed that the company will launch A20 5G as the world’s first smartphone with under-screen camera. Today the phone has been certified by TENAA in China with the model number A2121. This reveals a 32-megapixel under-screen camera, so there is no notch or punch-hole in the 6.92-inch FHD+ OLED screen. There is Axon 5G branding and ZTE branding on the back.
Back in 2018 Samsung was the first company to announce that it is working on smartphones with under-screen sensor technology, including camera. Xiaomi and OPPO showed off their smartphone prototypes with under-screen camera technology.
ZTE A20 5G rumoured specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED display
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.1
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.9mm; Weight: 198g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The ZTE A20 5G is expected to come in Flame Blue and Dazzling White colours and is expected to be announced later this month.