realme just announced its V5 5G smartphone in the new V series in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.7-screen-to-body ratio and a 16-megapixel camera inside the punch-hole. Powered by the latest Mediatek Dimensity 720 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, it packs up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android 10 with realme UI, features a 48-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel 119° ultra-wide sensor, a 2-megapixel 4cm macro camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
It has a side-mounted fingerprints scanner. In the Silver coloured version it has a large realme logo with a three-dimensional effect and the other colour variants feature new matte stitching design with asymmetrical aesthetics. It is equipped with a 5000mAh battery with 30W flash charge fast charging that lets you charge the phone from 0 to 100% in 65 minutes.
realme V5 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 7nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB storage
- Android 10 with realme UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.2×75.1×9.1mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash resistant (p2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Linear speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res audio
- 5G (SA/ NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 30W flash charge fast charging
The realme V5 comes in Silver, Green and Blue colours, is priced 1499 yuan (US$ 214 / Rs. 16,105 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1899 yuan (US$ 272 / Rs. 20,410 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China staring from August 7th.